How To Make Your Cocktail Party Unique
A cocktail party is a great way to bond with your friends and family. When you’re able to enjoy your favorite drinks with your favorite people in the world, you’ll also relieve yourself from stress. But if you’re often drinking, it’s typical to look for new ways to enjoy your session. You don’t want to stick to the same old routine, right?
There are actually a lot of ways to make your cocktail party unique. While some of these ideas require preparation and a little budget, others can be done on the spot without the need to spend a lot of money.
Here are some ideas to make your cocktail party unique:
1. Use Different Types Of Glasses.
Your cocktail party will never be complete without glasses. No matter what kind of beverages you’d like to drink, you’ll always need glasses. For your next cocktail party, consider using different types of glasses. You can do this by:
- Coming up with a unique theme for your cocktail party. You can use glasses that complement the theme. For example, you can have a Viking-themed cocktail party and use a viking beer horn, complete with costumes and decorations.
- You can also buy crazy glasses today. You can try out using glasses that are shaped like light bulbs or ones that have stained glass designs. This can be an excellent choice if you love the arts.
- If you really want to take it up a notch, have your glasses personalized. If you know who’s coming to your next cocktail party, have their names, pictures, or caricatures printed on the glasses. Not only will this make your cocktail party unique, but these glasses can also be used as souvenirs or giveaways.
2. Hold Your Cocktail Party In Another Place.
Usually, cocktail parties are done at home. It can be yours or your friend’s. Drinking inside the home is not only cheap, but it can be very convenient. With drinks, friends, and movies, what more can you ask for, right?
But, if everyone in the group is already bored in having cocktail parties at home, schedule the next one in another place. This might require preparation, but the rewards will surely be worth it.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Scout for bars or event places where you can hold your cocktail parties. Depending on your budget and expected guests, you can rent an entire area solely to yourselves.
- You can also schedule your cocktail party at the beach and play sports with your friends. Holding your cocktail parties at the beach can be a great way to spend your summer.
- You can set a schedule with your friends and travel to a nearby city or state. You can hold your cocktail party there for a memorable weekend!
3. Cook New Dishes For Your Guests.
Presenting merely drinks on the table can be boring. If you’re planning to pull an all-nighter for your next cocktail party, you should serve something that’ll keep everyone entertained, full, and awake. This is why you should learn how to cook dishes for your guests.
No, this doesn’t mean trying out complicated and time-consuming recipes. You can basically do your research online, look for dishes that suit your taste buds and availability, and you’re good to go.
Here are some tips to help you out during this process:
- If you and your friends regularly hold cocktail parties, the group might already have their favorite dishes. You might like to munch on seafood or club sandwiches while drinking. Take the time to research how these dishes are made and practice weeks before the actual cocktail party. You can even add your twist to these dishes and be proud of your own creation.
- For a fun yet challenging cocktail party, consider cooking and serving exotic dishes. You can try making pan-fry teriyaki chicken, Thai crab curry, rice noodles, and lamb biryani. You can also make your own shish kebabs and South American meatballs.
4. Pair Your Cocktail Party With Another Activity.
When you’re drinking with your friends, you’ll usually sit around a table for hours. Regardless if you’re drinking at home or in public, it’s typical for cocktail parties to have this kind of setup.
If you want your next cocktail party to be memorable, spice things up by pairing your cocktail party with another activity that you and your guests will surely enjoy. Doing this will allow everyone in the group to bond and get to know each other better.
To achieve this goal take note of the following tips:
- If you’re planning to hold your cocktail party outdoors, look for a bar or area that offers arcade games. You can also look for establishments that have a billiard and ice hockey tables.
- A cocktail party can also be memorable once you pair it with a good movie. Depending on the number of guests you’re expecting, you can hold the movie marathon/cocktail party in your living area or man’s cave (if you have any). If the weather suits you, you can even set up a projector on your lawn or patio. Utilize the ground as seating options for your guests. You should also offer blankets just in case the weather gets cold during the evening.
- What’s the best way to celebrate your success in your favorite video game? With beer, of course! If you and your friends love video games, serve cold drinks while playing. Drinking your favorite beverages and playing video games with your friends is a great way to spend the night and even during the weekend!
5. Try Out Different Types Of Drinks.
If you regularly drink, it’s expected that you already have your favorites. Whenever you drink at home or your favorite bar, you already know what to get. You and your friends might have the same preferences when it comes to the vodka, gin, or beer to drink.
For your next cocktail party, muster up your confidence and opt to drink a new beverage. If possible, order a beverage that no one from the group actually knows about. You’ll be surprised how a certain Scotch cocktail can either become everyone’s favorite or make everybody drunk.
6. Invite New People To Join Your Cocktail Parties.
As people age, their social circle also starts to become smaller. You would usually see yourself hanging out with the same people every weekend. There’s nothing really wrong with that. As long as you’re comfortable with them and you’re having fun, all is good.
But, if you’re actually looking for new ways to make your cocktail party unique, opt to invite new people to join you. Depending on your lifestyle, you can invite people from work or buddies from college. If you have new neighbors in the area, invite them, too.
When you allow new people to join in your circle, you’ll be able to create relationships that can bloom into great friendships.
The More, The Merrier
There are actually a lot of ways on how you can make your next cocktail party unique. Aside from the tips in this article, you can ask for advice from your friends and do your research online. If you have the time, you can even try out all the tips you gathered so you’ll know which one best suits your drinking preferences!